Las 3 Canastas

Chile and Velez, Guayaquil, Ecuador
Las 3 Canastas - name
Las 3 Canastas - a busy waitress
Las 3 Canastas - inside tables
Las 3 Canastas - Food to choose, yummy! note the strange purple cake right corner
Las 3 Canastas - fruit salad
Las 3 Canastas - our buffete selection:
Up: Empanada de carne, Muchin de Yuca
Down: Papa rellena, Tortilla de verde con queso

Las 3 Canastas Guayaquil Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Tasty and fresh pastries and fruits at Las 3 Canastas Jul 20, 2009
When we just arrived I was looking for this place, but no luck. I already thought they might have closed, but next day we found it, yay! As many other restaurants, they are closed on Sundays.

Finally, on Monday we were walking around and I saw it. It's a snack bar located in a corner. You can choose either a couple of tables inside, the bar stool or the street side tables.

We were there around lunch time. Place was busy, some people were buying food to go and take it to their offices. This place is more a snack bar with pastries, sandwiches, juices and fruit salads; so I wasn't sure if this food would be enough for Shawn. So we ordered a lot of things, hehe, just in case ;)

So, we ended up trying the following - our own buffet:

-fruit salad: it was fresh and tasty. I ordered the one that was just about fruit.

-empanada de lomo con carne: beef pastry

-munchin de yuca: balls of fried yuca stuffed with cheese

-papa rellena: stuffed potato with chicken

-tortilla de verde con queso: a plantain tortilla stuffed with cheese

There were so many things to try that look yummy, but I just have 1 stomach, hahaha. Also I saw something weird a purple cake, saying camote (sweet potato), mmm.

Staff was helpful, although they were busy. We wanted more of a side salad and the guy brought this right away, hehe.

Food was delicious and more than enough!

If you are in the city and don't know what to eat, I highly recommend you to stop here and try different goodies.
a busy waitress
inside tables
Food to choose, yummy! note the st…

Check Guayaquil Hotel Deals