Larut Matang

Taiping, Malaysia
Larut Matang - Tables and hawker stalls as far as the eye can see
Larut Matang - Popiah basah...must try!
Larut Matang - Larut Matang
Larut Matang - Waiting impatiently for my food

Larut Matang Taiping Reviews

iramalama iramalama
Larut Matang Food Court Mar 07, 2011
Larut Matang, on Taiping's central Jalan Panggung Wayang, is a bit of an all-purpose center. There is a wet market, clothing stalls, karaoke, and a food court. This open air food court takes up most of the ground floor of the building and is usually fairly full of people enjoying the cheap foods on site. There floor space is quite large and there are three rows of hawker stalls inside, from one end to the other--that translates to a lot of food choices. Many of Taiping's regional food favorites can be found here. I quenched my thirst with ais kacang (shaved ice with various syrups, nuts, beans, and gelatins mixed together) for RM2. Then I stuffed myself with popiah basah (literally: wet spring roll). The popiah basah is basically a soft and juicy version of the spring roll...they cost just RM0.60 a piece. I downed three of them...wanted more, but didn't have room in my belly. Other local favorites on hand include the combat mee goreng, wan tan mee, and the standard mixed rice/nasi campur varieties. Very good and very cheap.
Popiah basah...must try!
Tables and hawker stalls as far as…
Waiting impatiently for my food
Larut Matang