500 San Agustin, Laredo, TX, USA - (956) 725 - 1715

Laredo Center of the Arts Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Laredo Center of the Arts Feb 12, 2010
Laredo Center for the Arts is an interesting building located on San Agustin in downtown Laredo. I loved walking through the galleries. Great natural lighting, tall airy ceilings, and interesting ironwork on the doorways.

Most of the artwork on display, I am guessing, are from local artists of Laredo and the surrounding area. There was no information made available for visitors. I am not sure if there was a theme or title for most of the exhibits...

When I first entered the art center I wasn't sure If I should wait for someone or just walk in... I saw a membership prices, but no sign about admissions fee. after a few minutes I decided to just walk around. I finally came across a desk with a couple people sitting behind it, but they just kind of ignored me... I thought that was poor gallery protocol. I didn't need help, but as a visitor and an artist I want to see a more enthusiastic staff. Otherwise I kinda felt like I was intruding.

Even though I wasn't too impress with the staff I am still gonna recommend visiting the Laredo Center of the Arts. Mostly because I really did like the space and it is a source of local art. They do work in promoting appreciation for the arts via student shows and art classes..

PLus it is free so you can't really loose!
One of two exterior water fountain…
one of the front galleries.
I am a huge fan of tall open ceili…
esterrene says:
Thats a great question!! I looked at the website and it stated that the building dates back to the 1880's and was originally the old city hall...
Posted on: Feb 12, 2010
Andy99 says:
Is the musuem an original building or adapted? (Tall ceiling and rounded windows.)
Posted on: Feb 12, 2010
jofustx jofustx
"To coordinate, promote, and support the Arts" May 05, 2008
The Laredo Center for the Arts was founded in 1993 by Anne Brennan Vela. We’re located in historic, downtown Laredo.

Over the years, the Laredo Center for the Arts has steadily increased our visitors and participants. Members are an integral part of our success. Members volunteer to assist in the daily operations and at special events. Membership fees support the on-going work of the Center. With member support, we present professional artwork to the Laredo/ South Texas community, develop artistic talent through outreach classes and workshops, and promote the Laredo Center for the Arts as a lively cultural destination.

Membership levels:

- O'Keeffe $10 [Students}

- Rodin $25

- Degas $ 35 [Educator]

Includes 5 % discount for workshops, access to visual arts library of slides and videos.

- Cassatt $50

Dual Membership with Laredo Art League.

- Picasso $100*

- Kahlo $250*

- Dali $500*

- Michelangelo $ 1,000*

* Includes 10 % discount for rentals, workshops, and sales.

All members receive postcard announcements to Laredo Center for the Arts monthly functions.

Check, Credit, or Cash Accepted