Mole National Park, Ghana

Larabanga Mole National Park Reviews

silan silan
Jul 10, 2006
We rented bikes and biked about 5 km to Larabanga, which houses the oldest mosque in Ghana. The ride was great even though it was mid-afternoon and the sun was heavy, the only problem were the hoards are people from the village crowding around us the whole time trying to get us to pay them to take us on a tour of the village. At least 15 people followed the 6 of us around as we tried to take pictures of just the mosque. I found myself constantly looking around and counting to make sure all of our group was still there and hadn't wandered off with someone! The mosque itself is beautiful, but after too much more hassling, we decided to leave and opted against coming back to Larabanga that night to see the dancing and drumming entertainment they were prepared to show us. Even as we walked back to our bikes, a boy was telling me that he loves to play football and he's number 12 on his team. But his football broke so he can't play anymore. The last Canadian who had come by gave him 10 000 cedis to contribute... I was not the only one who got that story!

Check Mole National Park Hotel Deals