Lantern

101 Montague Street, Brooklyn, NY, USA

Lantern Brooklyn Reviews

tktheworldtraveler tkthewor…
Above Average Thai Resturant Jun 01, 2016
It was my mothers birthday and so I decided to take her to dinner. We Initially went to an Italian restaurant but then my mother decided she wanted Thai and so we came to this location. The location has an outdoor section and an indoor section however the outdoor section is somewhat small with no more than 10 two person tables. We were three and the setup made it difficult to combine tables, so we went inside. The inside is more narrow than wide and has a "date night out" ambiance with very low lighting although this is difficult to feel in the afternoon, the time that we were there.

The menu is decent with all of the normal items found in most Thai kitchen plus an assortment of beverages, appetizers and Entrees. I had an appetizer of Chicken Satay and a Main course of "Volcanic Chicken". The Chicken Satay was alright. It still is the case that Lemongrass Grill has the best Chicken Satay I have had. They serve Three each. The "Volcanic Chicken" is called so because they pour a "sauce" over it as they serve you that leaves a flame on the meat for about 5 seconds. I'm am not sure if it is just for show or adds something to the taste but it is cool to look at. The taste of the Volcanic Chicken is great. Lightly grilled.

My mother and her friend enjoyed their meals as well(sorry I don't remember what they ordered. I would recommend this place for friends wanting to catch up or a first date. As well the prices were affordable. General 17-28 for an entree.

Check Brooklyn Hotel Deals