Lanigans

www.lanigans.ie - +353 (0)56 7721718

Lanigans Kilkenny Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Fun Restaurant/Bar in Kilkenny Jun 04, 2016
Wow. Until I just looked at their website. I had no idea this was a restaurant/bar in a hostel. I had no idea the hostel was there. Or maybe the hostel part was built sometime between last year when I was there and this very moment. I think we both know the answer to this. And you can call me Captain Oblivious from now on.

With that in mind I'm merely reviewing the restaurant since we didn't stay at the hotel. The rooms look fairly decent according to their website. I would've stayed there had I known. And hadn't already booked a room at a nearby hotel.

Lanigans looked and felt like your friendly neighborhood sports bar. Plenty of wooden booths and high top tables for a good sized crowd. There were several televisions including a giant projection screen with soccer games playing.

Though it wasn't packed, there were many people there. I was astonished that there seemed to be only one person on staff taking care of everyone. I felt bad for him actually. I don't remember seeing any other staff at all. For all I know he might've cooked our food, too. Regardless, he still managed to provide quick, friendly service.

I don't remember what Hali got. I'm guessing it was fish n' chips. I got the lamb stew. It was ridiculously good. It was definitely the best lamb stew I've ever eaten.

There was a gentlemen there playing guitar and singing. I'm sure it gets pretty lively there as the beer starts flowing and the night goes on.

If I ever find myself in Kilkenny again, I would most certainly revisit Lanigans.
Ils1976 says:
I don't know why ... but reading this even gets my hungry, I guess it is time to eat something! :D
Posted on: Jun 05, 2016