Language problems

Seoul, South Korea

Language problems Seoul Reviews

Soultraveler Soultrav…
Jan 24, 2007
I don't know about you kids an kidettes outh ther but it seems to me that if you're going to spend anytime in a country you should at least try to sample the local language prior to your arrival.

Thismay seem blatantlyobvious to some but I've seen to manytravelers over here in Seoul esspecially, who end up limiting their experience due to a miscommunication. In a country where the language and writing system is so different, traveling on a budget can get somewhat problematic. So just as a tip, try learning some of thelocal language and some terms you might need in order to get around.

Phrase books are great and really easy to use, Lonley Planet puts out few good ones for major tourist countries. Also try looking stuff up online through out you journey just to keep up to speed.

Longstory short,knowing the language allows you to see more of what most tourists don't see. Besdies learning is fun, that's why we travel anyways right, so check it out. I promise it will make your trup more rewarding.

-Soul Traveler
Mochabeauty27 says:
good advice. I've been studying Korean for about 2 years now, and while I'm not fluent, I can get by in basic conversation. It is super important to know the language..atleast a little bit
Posted on: Jan 15, 2009