Langstone Hotel Hayling Island

Langstone Hotel Hayling Island Rates and Deals

Langstone Hotel Hayling Island Reviews

Keith789 Keith789
Mutton dressed as Lamb. Jun 21, 2011
On my first visit to Portsmouth I thought I'd splash a little extra out to make the whole visit a bit more special, especially since I was with a close friend of mine. I had a check on google maps before hand and the location was good - quite a good distance from any busy parts of town.

When I arrived at the hotel, I was not served for a good 5 minutes as the staff looked a little flustered with other business. They were however generally friendly and showed us to our room. The decor seems very outdated. It's a strange choice of design that they've gone for. The carpet was orange & brown with swirly patterns - Kind of reminded me of an Austin Powers movie. I guess they were going for "retro". The problem with that is that from the outside they present themselves as a very professional hotel (as they are; presenting weddings, holding conferences etc), but then they go and lay down a funky carpet in your room. It may seem picky but it really is the only thing you notice when you first walk in to your room. I'm unsure if the standard rooms have the same design as I was staying in a 'Luxury' double.

Being 'Luxury' it meant I had a few minor extras such as nicer bedding, an iron & ironing board and a few other minor touches.

The view was a huge disappointment - I had a view of the car park only. It's a shame I wasn't told there was no sea view from the room window. The bed was nice though and it was very clean. The bathroom was fantastic with a multi-jet shower; Probably the best thing in the hotel.

I never tried breakfast but I did have the dinner in the fair sized restaurant / bar area. It was lovely and had a nice atmosphere too. The timing between courses was awful though. I felt sorry for the member of staff who had to apologise about 10 times for how late everything was. I could understand if they were busy, but with us and 2 other couples the only people in there, I found it all a bit sleazy. I also had problems with my bill, with them over charging me. The staff rectified the problem eventually, but it wasn't a very pleasant note to leave on.

Overall, my view is that the Langstone Hotel is not a bad hotel by any means, but if they want to be seen as a professional higher-end hotel then they need to deliver the level of service that goes with that.

I stayed in a Luxury Double at £149 per night (for 2 people).

Dinner was £25 per person.

Parking was free.

Internet was free.

Langstone Hotel Hayling Island Overview

The 4 star Langstone hotel has a unique location on the north shore of Hayling Island with stunning views over the estuary and Chichester harbour located within 10 minutes drive of Portsmouth. The hotel has recently undergone a major re-enhancement programme and now offers exceptional facilities including a multi-leisure club and elegant beauty rooms. Relax in our modern court yard, or enjoy a wide range of drinks in our lounge. Dinner is served in our award winning restaurant with panoramic views over the harbour, offering quality food cooked from fresh ingredients.

Staying on Business? Ideally located close to the M27 for access to Portsmouth, Hampshire and the SouthCoast, we provide FREE car parking and FREE Internet access. All spacious rooms include a large desk & chair, Satellite TV, tea & coffee making facilities and air conditioning.

Staying on Leisure? Ideally located as a superb base for discovering the New Forest, Isle of Wight, Historic Portsmouth and Chichester, the Langstone is located just 5 minutes from HaylingIsland’s two European Blue Flag award beaches. Large family and Twin rooms available with extensive modern facilities.

Langstone Hotel Amenities

• Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes