Langkawi Cable Car

Langkawi, Malaysia

Langkawi Cable Car Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Langkawi Cable Car Apr 03, 2015
The Langkawi Cable Car and SkyBridge are a major attraction on Langkawi. The cable car is a genuinely impressive ride up to a mountain, and the skybridge is just slightly terrifying. You access them through a slightly depressing shopping centre (ideal for all your hippy dress, hat and cheap tourist tat requirements), but please don’t let that put you off.

The queues are well managed, although it’s hard to move more than 10 metres without someone trying to sell you a photo. Up on the mountain, there are several viewing platforms and genuinely fantastic views out across the island to the sea. You are well into the cloud layer here, but when we were there the clouds moved on and off and so it just took patience to be back into the sunshine.

The bridge was only just re-opened following refurbishment. It’s a very impressive piece of engineering – I’m not at all sure how they went about placing the central support pier, even with helicopters on call for lifting it. It also has glass floors on the bridge, so you can stand above the chasm underneath you and scare the life out of yourself or your friends, depending on who is best with heights. It costs a small additional fee and, at the moment, there is a 20minute, steep walk to get to the bridge as they are refurbishing the end closest to the cable car. I still think it’s worth it.

Access for buggies and people with disabilities would probably be fine onto the cable car, although the bridge and the viewing platforms would currently be inaccessible. That might change once they’ve finished their refurbishment.
Travel2014 says:
I think I may have to add this to my 'must' see list. :) Hope all is well with you. Have been off TB since the sun started shining late February! :)
Posted on: Jun 10, 2015
FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
For a panoramic view of the island all the way to southern Thailand Feb 26, 2012
I think this would fall into the must-see list when visiting Langkawi. U have to go to the Oriental Village to take the queue to the cable car (about 30 minutes from Kuah main town). We waited for 1.5 hours for the ride.

There are 3 stages to this cable car ride:

(1) base station located at Oriental Village

(2) middle station - 650 m above sea level. You can alight and go to the viewing platform to get a 360 panoramic view at this stage.

(3) top station with 2 viewing platforms. This is the climax of the ride. About 700 m above sea level. On a clear day you can see the entire island all the way to the southern part of Thailand. We were lucky that it was quite hot that day so the views were absolutely beautiful. There is also a small cafe here for a cooling snack.
Up up and away!
Bking1 Bking1
Views of the entire Island, Very cool attraction. May 09, 2011
This was very fun and pretty reasonable for what it is. You get to go up over 700m above sea level on this cable car. We got to go on a clear day and you could see miles and miles. See my attached photos. The cost is 30RNG per person I believe. The sky bridge is a crazy experience as well. You feel as if your hovering, which you pretty much are!

I did not know about the cable car until reaching the island, but I am glad I heard people talking about it, and glad that I did not miss out on it.

Related Travel Blogs About Langkawi Cable Car

Langkawi Cable Car
A journey on the Langkawi Cable Car commences from the Oriental Village, an exclusive shopping area that has ceased operation. It starts from about sea level and rises to an altitude of over 700 metr…Langkawi Cable Car commences from the Oriental Village , an exclusive shopping area that has ceased operation. It starts from…
All this luck is starting to freak me out now!
Yet another miracle happened in my life! I was ready to admit defeat to the bastard taxi drivers and negotiate a rip off fee as needed to get to airport for my flight out of KL, I had my *well overpa…Langkawi cable car for views across the islands and into Thailand. It turns out that the Langkawi cable
Langkawi : Island life seen from the Open Road.
“Okay Langkawi!”  Time for a shift of gear.  Ah, but first we need some gears to hand before we can start to shift ‘em!  Langkawi has plenty on offer to see ladies and gents.&nbs…Langkawi Cable Car!  5 minutes in and I’m heading for the skies, sat in a cable gondola…

Check Langkawi Hotel Deals