Хостел Landmark

Starovagankovsky Pereulok 15, Moscow, Russia
landmarkhostel.ru - 8 (499) 653-70-44
Хостел Landmark - view out my dorm window
Хостел Landmark - Playing chess in the kitchen/common/reception space.
Хостел Landmark - New Year's Eve Pre celebration in dorm

itravel1 itravel1
Steps to Red Square Dec 30, 2014
Dec 30-Jan 5 and twice again

8 bed dorm

Let me start by saying the hostel was very good with communication. I emailed them late November for vacancy during new years and russian Christmas. After a couple emails I was booked. Being disorganized I had to ask the hostel to arrange transfer from the airport. Not a big request but handled quite efficiently 3 hours before my landing in moscow at 2am.

The hostel could be hard to find on first time arrival but I was warmly greeted by two of the girls working(Veronika & Margarita), outside the building. Check in was quick and painless and I was soon resting in my room.

The hostel is small. There is really no common space. There are some kitchen facilities but no more than three-four people can occupy the space which is also the check in area.

The dorms are clean, cozy yet functional. The beds each have their own light, charging plug, privacy curtain and small valuables safe.

The price is a great selling feature. 600 rubles per night during Russian holidays, not bad. Because of the holidays there are many Russians staying at the hostel but I don't find being able to mix with natives a negative point

Major sites are all within walking distance, with Red Square only 5+ minutes away. The metro is only down the street. There are shopping centers within minutes and the closest restaurant bar is a jazz/rock bar just 100m away.

The staff are very helpful and quite pleasant to deal with. It is located on the 5th floor, reached with a lift. From here through a window you can see part of the Kremlin wall.

I was in Russia for 8 weeks and used this hostel on three different occasions, it became my home in Moscow. If you're happy with a clean, well positioned, quiet place to lay your head the Landmark in Arbat should be a consideration. There are two other places in Moscow under the Landmark name.
New Year's Eve Pre celebration in …
Hostel employee(Veronika) and Manel
view out my dorm window
Playing chess in the kitchen/commo…
cotton_foam says:
Thank you for writing the review, Mike!!
Posted on: Apr 08, 2015