Landmark Bistro

Landmark Bistro Marshall Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
good food, slow service Nov 09, 2008
DINNER

We ate dinner at the Landmark Bistro downtown one night. The restaurant was a little fancy looking and we looked a little out of place in our not as nice clothing. The service was really slow. It took forever just to get water and menus and probably 30 minutes from walking in to having our orders taken – and they weren’t even that busy!

I ordered some sort of burrito and it was very good. Everyone else got pasta or slabs of meat. I also tried dessert, which was also good. Again, it took forever to get our bill. Maybe they were trying the European thing, but we had an early morning ahead of us and were all tired (and getting cranky).

I would consider eating here again, but only if I didn’t have to work early the next morning and wanted to kill a couple of hours some night.

BREAKFAST BUFFET

Now the breakfast buffet is another story. The buffet runs Sunday 10am-1pm. It has a small selection, but is really delicious. It’s technically called a brunch, but I think the only lunch item was a pasta with red sauce. I can’t remember what all they had but everything was good. I got a made to order omelet with ham, cheese, green peppers, and mushrooms but not onions. They had French toast with strawberry sauce and also fruit and chocolate chip cookies. Mmmm. The breakfast buffet only runs during the school season, as they were ending it at the end of April.

Go early because it is typical of Midwestern Sunday churchgoers to go our for lunch after church. We went at 10:30 am, but the place really started filling up around 11 am. The waiting line to be seated was out the door when we left!
elegent table setting