Landhaus Am See Garbsen

Landhaus Am See Garbsen Rates and Deals

Landhaus Am See Garbsen Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Fabulous place to relax and eat Apr 23, 2013
I was down for a visit in Garbsen near Hannover with a colleague at a factory in close proximity to the airport in Hannover. I had been flying quite a lot lately and I needed to do something else so I decided to drive down there from Copenhagen, which only was a 5 hours ride. I wanted to check in at the hotel before I went to the site visit and went for the little village that was located not far from the highway between Hannover and Dortmund. I had looked at some pictures of the hotel before I left and it looked quite nice.

I entered the village that looked far from what I had expected, as there was nothing cozy about it at all. Even if I used a GPS I managed to pass by the hotel once without being able to imagine that the hotel would be there. Finally I entered a narrow parking that was completely full, it turned out that the area surrounding the hotel was a much favored recreational area where people went for walks or bike rides.

At the end of a narrow alley I found the hotel. It looked as cozy as the pictures so this could only be good. The reception was in a small annex next to the main building and as I entered I was greeted by a very eager and service minded young girl that reminded of a Heidi caricature without me meaning it in a bad way. She just looked so country fresh and she was probably an elite worker.

She found my booking and started to explain me everything about my stay and the hotel. She gave me some internet accesses as I need for both computer and laptop; I was amazed about the price, as it was only one euro. A young eager boy took my suitcase and guided me to my room that was located at the first floor just next to the reception. I was happy that he did so because the door key system was not the simplest that I had seen.

The room was very strange; it was a very small duplex. When I entered I had a fair bathroom to the right a small desk along the left wall and a balcony facing the beautiful park in front of the hotel and the lake that gave this place such a relaxing feel about it. In the corner there was a very and I mean a very narrow and steep staircase to the second floor of the room where the bed and the TV were located. The beds were not the best in the world; they felt quite IKEA’ish and they were just put next to each other without being attached. I have said it before and I say it again, it is not a good or nice solution because I hate when the beds split when you sleep.

The restaurant at the hotel was on the other hand fabulous and this was apparently the main reason for staying there and, as a curiousity the hotel had a couple of years been used as a meeting place between Merkel and the French President in some EU-discussion about the stability of the euro and the financial sector.
The hotel entrance
The lower room
The bathroom
The garden
TravChef says:
I like your review very much. Good write.
Posted on: Apr 28, 2013

Landhaus Am See Garbsen Overview

Discover all that Garbsen has to offer with Landhaus Am See Hotel as a base. The Landhaus Am See Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. The guestrooms are equipped with desk, hair dryer, television, shower, separate shower and tub, mini bar. The basic amenities provided at this Garbsen accommodation comprise shops, meeting facilities, restaurant. Leisure and sports facilities available on the hotel's property comprise indoor pool, sauna, garden. The hotel creates a balance of rich culture and modern convinience to ensure you a memorable stay. To make a reservation at the Landhaus Am See Hotel Garbsen with our secure online booking form, please choose your preffered period of stay.

Landhaus Am See Amenities

• Garden
  • Playground
  • Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower