Lampreia

(206) 443-3301

Lampreia Seattle Reviews

chivato chivato
May 29, 2007
Never been to this place and probably wouldn't unless I won the lottery (or became a M$ millionaire) but I'm going to feel free to comment anyway. Any place that is over $100 a plate without wine is definitely not on my "where to go" list. Although I suppose this site isn't just catering to backpackers and casual travellers. While I'm not exactly advocating people head out to Dick's for a good evening's meal, c'mon. After doing probably more than my fair share of looking at reviews of the place, I'm just going to break it down. Its a very upscale and "experience" oriented place. You have an assortment of things made which changes by the month and is basically whatever the chef feels like making. There's no menu (no menu = no chance to see what things cost), you just get a bill at the end. And as they say, if you need to know how much it costs, you probably can't afford it. My advice, skip it. Unless you've come to Seattle to see a place that Frasier might dine at, were he actually real and living in Seattle. There are tons of places to experience and enjoy a good meal in, most of which will not be as significant a burden to your wallet. This being said, I am sure the food is top quality (it better be) and the experience first rate (it better be).

Anyway, if you're going down this road, my advice, make sure you know what you're getting into (i.e. bring your wallet and your gf), dress accordingly (there's a certain expectation one might have if you're going to drop a few zeros on a meal) and well, have a good night out.

Check Seattle Hotel Deals