Lamesa Grill

Manila, Philippines

Lamesa Grill Manila Reviews

yheleen yheleen
My Favorite Place to Eat in Mall of Asia May 22, 2008
Everytime I am in Manila - I make it a point to visit Mall of Asia and part of my routine is to have dinner there - my most favorite is the Lamesa Grill.

Lamesa offers a little of everything. Seafood includes halaan, tahong, sugpo, scallops, tawilis, tiyan ng bangus.

Specialties “On a stick” include pork BBQ (my favorite), pwet ng manok (my friends love this but ? can't eat chicken butt, hehe), balun-balunan and atay ng manok (just have this one the last time we were there).

“On a platter” consists of pork lengua, pork belly, tadyang ng baka, chicken thighs and chicken wings.

One dish that stands out and the owners are proud of is the Kinulob sa Asin Dagat or rock salt cooking. The fish, either tilapia or apahap (local seabass), is wrapped in rock salt and grilled.

Lamesa Grill is also famous for the Crispchon - short for crispy lechon.. Filipinos love a hearty feast and lechon (in its crispy form) is a special treat for the family.

The skin and meat of Crispchon, short for crispy lechon, are carved out, chopped into bite-size pieces and served wrapped in thin pandan crepe with slivers of cucumber, wansuy and leeks.

Diners can choose from six kinds of sauces: garlic, wansuy-inspired, sweet chili, spicy pork liver, Rikki’s Choice (hoisin-based) and curry mustard, said to be Sharon Cuneta’s favorite.

Crispchon is available at Lamesa (tel. 5560737) in different serving sizes. For P2,900, a group can have one whole Crispchon. Half costs P1,450; one-fourth, P780; and one-sixth, P480.

Desserts include Guinumis, Toffee Banana, Turon, Dalandan Sorbet and Kamias Sorbet.

Whew..there are soo many delicious foods to choose from in Lamesa and it's best to dine there with a big group..Since usually, we are only two, I usually order their rice toppings (on which I oftentimes forget am on a diet).

By the way, Lamesa Grill is owned by Sen. Kiko Pangilinan and partner Rikki Dee.

PLUS, there's a live band too and it offers a good view of the Manila Bay (or MOA by the bay)..

Happy eating!!!
always my favorite - sisig
atay ng manok (chicken liver)

Check Manila Hotel Deals