Lalita Thai Restaurant & Bar

www.lalitasf.com - (415) 552-5744

Lalita Thai Restaurant & Bar San Francisco Reviews

juliaiam juliaiam
Lalita Thai Restaurant & Bar May 20, 2009
Lalita is my favorite place to go for Thai food in my area, possibly because it's the closest. It's not very ethnicy Thai food in that nothing is too spicy or that in some way everything is kind of Americanized. But the restaurant has a great atmosphere, and though I havent spent time at just the bar, it is nice too. There are big flat screen tvs all around the bar which is good for both sports and the news (I watched the first Obama/McCain debate here while enjoying dinner). But there is also a nice waterfall and a beautiful hazy mural of a Thai scenery, and nicely painted walls. It's a nice place in a strangly cozy way.

I am addicted to the basil duck fried rice. For lunch I usually order the tofu plik king. They have great lunch specials, which explains why it is always soo busy during lunch. It's not very busy at all most nights. Everything I've had here is good though, and I've brought friends a number of times and we have shared meals. Their dessert is awesome from Thai tea ice cream to sticky rice with mango and the too good fried bananas with ice cream. It's a pretty nice restaurant that not many people seem to know about yet.
travelman727 says:
Nice review! I definitely need to hit Lalita Thai Restaurant on my next trip to SF :-D
Posted on: Dec 22, 2009