Lakes Entrance Log Cabins

Check Lakes Entrance Hotel Deals

Lakes Entrance Log Cabins Reviews

monkeymia79 monkeymi…
Secluded log cabin accommodation. Dec 21, 2015
On the way to Melbourne, we stayed at Lakes Entrance Log Cabins, located a short drive from the township of Lakes Entrance.

We stayed in the Cattleman's Cottage during this stay.

The cabins are located a fair distance from each other so noise isn't an issue.

The cabin offers a beautiful outdoor seating area complete with barbeque, table and chairs.

The cabin is spacious however the only issue I found was that the main bed (double/queen?) was located off the lounge room without a door.

As my husband likes to sleep in while my children and I rise early, this posed a problem.

In the end we gave the children that bed to share while we took the 'children's room.'

The children's room offered a bunk bed that was single on top and double underneath. My husband ended up sleeping on the top while I slept on the bottom.

While this worked for us, I would have preferred a separate bedroom.

The kitchen was spacious as was the bathroom/ toilet room.

When checking in, the owner gave us a bag of bird seed so we could feed the birds. My children loved hand-feeding the rosellas and parrots.

Another fantastic addition was the use of sporting equipment. Located in the laundry (near the office) visitors can get cricket bats, badminton racquets, Frisbees, tennis racquets and more.

We all enjoyed playing outside in the cleared land.

As we travelled just prior to Christmas, the owner had put a small Christmas tree on the coffee table. I thought this was a beautiful gesture that helped make Christmas real for my children.

I highly recommend this accommodation and would not hesitate to use it again when travelling this route.
Cattleman's Cottage.
Main bedroom, no door to lounge.
monkeymia79 says:
Thank you Rinzie.
Posted on: Mar 09, 2016
rinzie says:
Your recommendation noted! its well written!
Posted on: Mar 08, 2016