Lakefront Backpackers Lodge

Check Lake Tekapo Hotel Deals

Lakefront Backpackers Lodge Lake Tekapo Reviews

Feebs56 Feebs56
Hard to find Jul 19, 2014
I stayed at this hostel for 2 nights. When I arrived in the small town of Lake Tekapo I had no idea where the hostel was. I walked around for ages and couldn't see any signs and I had no phone service there either. Eventually I started walking along this road around the lake and eventually came to the hostel. I was carrying a heavy pack all this time and was pretty exhausted by the time I made it inside, but the place made up for it.

The hostel is right on the lake shore and has beautiful views from the communal areas. The hostel is a bit out of town so it was quiet and surrounded by pine forest. The dorm room I stayed in had 6 beds, but there was only myself and one other person staying in the room, total luxury for a hostel! There was a log fire in the lounge and plenty of travel info and photos in albums for guests to check out. Not far from the hostel is an outdoor hot pools and leisure centre. Going here at night and staring at the stars from the pools was amazing.

The only negative from my stay here was then having to carry my bag all the way back into town when I left.
Lake Tekapo, just outside the host…

Check Lake Tekapo Hotel Deals