Lake Waggoner Campground

Check Philip Hotel Deals

Lake Waggoner Campground Philip Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Okay in a pinch Jul 22, 2015
This campground is located by a lake and golf course, just north of Philip, SD. It isn’t well marked or easy to find. I only noticed about 5 campsites. Some sites apparently have electricity. The sites are grassy with a fire ring, as well as a picnic table located under a sun shade. There are not really any trees, so these sites will be really sunny and hot in summer. I wasn’t around long enough to see how hot a tent would get during the day. I think there might have been a disc golf course, too.

There was a small outhouse with a stall each for men and women. However, it was about the most disgusting smelling outhouse I’ve ever been in and there was NO TOILET PAPER! I’m really glad I packed a roll and that I checked the outhouse before finding out the hard way. There was also no light in there. It was pretty gross.

Some neighbors arrived late at night and you could hear the gravel crunching as they drove through. Another neighbor had a generator running for their air conditioner. The campground was a couple of miles from the highway, so the noise wasn’t too bad here.

Sites are $10, or $15 for electric. You check in and pay at the clubhouse. There really isn’t much out here and not much reason for needing or wanting to stay here. The sites are close and in full sun. The outhouse is disgusting. Unless you are in a camper with air conditioning, electric and a toilet, I wouldn’t recommend staying here. At least not for more than 1 night. The price is right, and it works in a pinch.
my campsite - Lake Waggoner
view of sites towards lake
Lake Waggoner