Lake Pointe Grill

(217) 679-3900

Lake Pointe Grill Springfield Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
average dining experience Apr 28, 2013
Lake Pointe Grill is a restaurant that I knew of while I lived in Springfield, but I never made it a point to visit, even though it was near my apartment. It is located in Southfield Commons, on Toronto Road, about a half mile east of Interstate 55, just on the southern edge of Springfield. It is also convenient from the UIS campus, but not necessarily from downtown.

Lake Pointe Grill has a large dining area. We ate lunch at an odd time (2 o'clock), so they weren't busy at all. But, having just come from the House of Representatives swearing-in ceremony at the college, there were several dining.

There is a full menu, including the brick-oven pizzas, that seemed to be their specialty. I was really just looking for a salad, and settled for a greens salad with granny smith and feta cheese with the dressing on the side. It was okay. I was disappointed to see that they didn't really have many 'healthy' options. I'm used to that, but I can typically find a grilled chicken option or something similar, but it was not the case here. The prices were also a little on the high side. Entrees about $15. The salad I had -- without meat -- was $8 (for lettuce, a few apple slices, and a sprinkling of cheese).

I would recommend Lake Pointe Grill is you're at UIS for some reason, and don't want to make the trip downtown. But, if you're in Springfield at the Capitol or at the Lincoln attractions, I wouldn't make the jaunt south.
the dining room
the menu
Lake Pointe Grill
spocklogic says:
In all fairness, it is a grill style restaurant, so one can not expect 'healthy' options really. Does seem a bit on the high $$ side though, for a grill type place.
Posted on: Apr 27, 2013