Lake Nakuru Lodge

Lake Nakuru Lodge Rates and Deals

Lake Nakuru Lodge Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
A Room with a View at Lake Nakuru National Park Apr 04, 1998
I stayed at Lake Nakuru lodge many years back so things may have changed from then. Peter, Helen and I, decided to take a weekend break and visit Lake Bogoria, we stopped at Lake Nakuru enroute. Peter had arranged for us to stay at Lake Nakuru lodge owned and operated by his friend. His friend decided we should stay with them, but unfortunately the day we arrived, Thomas received in-laws from out of town making it hard to accommodate all of us at his house. Thomas then arranged for us to stay the 2 nights at Lake Nakuru lodge.

The lodge is located up on a hill with the view of the park. Each room has an excellent view of the plains from where you can literally see wildlife and the Lake. Our room was pretty big; we had a queen size bed that could pass for a king and a smaller twin bed on the side which worked perfectly for the three of us. Both beds had mosquito nets and a mosquito repellant in the form of incense. We of course burnt the repellant as it had a soothing smell to us, but repelled mosquitoes and other insects.

The facade of the lodge could use some refurbishing, but the service and views diminish the need for that. Our room attendant was very particular; we even got fresh wild flowers the next day. The bathrooms look worn out, but the cleanliness of it is evidence that they strive to keep it in good order despite the lodge’s old age. Potted flowers outside add beauty to the whole establishment.

The food was great but there was not much to choose from; this of course has to do with the fact that all the food is brought in from Nakuru or Nairobi. Peter liked the roast beef (mishkaki) in Swahili, while I made do with the little vegetables and fruits they offered us. They do have the common drinks like beer, soda, some liquor and bottled water. I recommend drinking bottled water anytime you are in Kenya, regardless of the town, city or rural area. We had a nice time; it is a good accommodation for a short stay. I would not recommend more than two nights unless you must. Go with less expectation and you will be surprised, enjoy the view of the lake and the plains. They do have a swimming pool, and a bar that serves you by the poolside. Enjoy the pool-side service, it is great and refreshing.

At night we were entertained by traditional musicians and dancers. Helen and I, danced and participated in the chorus, which was pretty cool. After we retired to bed, the night sounds were filled with wild nature; the birds, and wild animals reminding us that we were in their territory. There is nothing like the voices of nature. All in all, we had a good experience and got what we paid for and more.

PS: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
Flamingos at the Lake
the poolside and bar
favored63 says:
I am a newbie to this website. Tho this is an old review I really enjoyed reading it. I have traveled to Kenya in 2007,2009,2011. Good to meet a fellow traveler.
Posted on: May 12, 2013

Lake Nakuru Lodge Overview

Situated in a wonderful area which lies in the heart of one of Kenyas most densely animal populated national park, Lake Nakuru Lodge provides quality service that makes it one of the finest lodges in the world and the perfect relaxation getaway for all. The lodge features guest accommodations which include standard rooms, deluxe rooms, junior suites and deluxe suites. The lodge blends well with its environment and offers awesome views of Lake Nakuru and Nakuru National Part. At Lake Nakuru Lodge guests will be left with an experience of a lifetime.

Lake Nakuru Lodge Amenities