Lake Havasu

Lake Havasu, United States

Lake Havasu Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Camping at Lake Havasu on the Colorado River bank Jun 12, 2010
In the middle of the Arizona summer heat, nothing is as appealing as the thought and sight of water. Lake Havasu provides a great destintion for water sports, camping and the history of the London Bridge. We went camping at the Lake in Lake Havasu and had the most amazing two day weekend I have had in a long time.The drive from Tucson is nothing exciting, but with 4 hours ahead, we did enjoy the scenic drive as we drew closer to Lake Havasu. From Parker to Lake Havasu City, the undulating lanscape is a feast to the eyes.

The history of the Lake Havasu City is quite interesting: The Land that is now Lake Havasu City was bought in 1963 by a guy named Sr. Robert McCulloch. Lake Havasu is famous for being the home of London Bridge.

There are several camping grounds all meticulously managed to offer variety to the camper. You can take your motorhome, your car, or tented camp. Purchase a camp space from as little as $20 a night to as expensive as $120.
Our Car and Tent
A view from our tent
Our route from Tucson
Africancrab says:
Vikram you are much too kind. Thanks for the compliment, flattering indeed. How was your trip? Where next?
Posted on: Jun 16, 2010
Vikram says:
Harriet, you are adorable! :) I thought of you a lot when writing my London blog last week (the one with the elephants in Towre Bridge) because some were from East Africa)
Posted on: Jun 16, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Lake Havasu

Camping, road trip to Lake Havasu City
Swimming in the cool waters of the Colorado river, water skiing, Camping by the lake or fishing are a few of the activities at Lake Havasu. A two day weekend took me, Desire and Mark all the way to L…Lake Havasu. A two day weekend took me, Desire and Mark all the way to Lake Havasu
The Historical Home of the original London Bridge; Lake Havasu City in Arizona (USA)
Located on lake Havasu on the colorado River, lake Havasu city is home to the historical, original London Bridge. ake Havasu City was established in 1963 by a business man named McCulloch who pu…lake Havasu on the colorado River, lake Havasu city is home to the historical, original London…
Las Vegas NV-Lake Havasu City AZ
     It was the day finally, a day that i will remember for the rest of my life, we went for breakfast and i couldn't eat there wasn't much talking i think we were all nervou…Lake Havasu City the reason for this was of a bridge, the bridge came from London England an American…
Lake Havasu Map