Lago di Lugano

091 913 32 32

Lago di Lugano Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Cruise around Lake Lugano Sep 25, 2015
When in Lugano, it’s a good idea to take the Cruise ship ride around Lake Lugano especially when the weather is nice.

I took the Societa Navigazione del Lago di Lugano Cruise ride. Tourist on Swiss Travel Pass can ride the boat for free. This was my 2nd ride around the lake. We board the ship at the main station near the main square in Lugano. This is the starting and ending point of the cruise. I would advise boarding the ship here so that you can secure the best seats on the roof top as by the time the ship reaches its next stop, Paradiso, the top deck can be pretty crowded especially during summer. If it gets too hot sitting at the roof deck, you can also sit downstairs where it is sheltered and still enjoy the ride with a drink from the vending machine.

The boat makes several stops all around the lake (including the Italian side of the lake):

Main Station - where we boarded

Paradiso

S. Rocco

Caprino

Grotto dei Pescatori

Museo Douane (Culture Museum) – a good option to stop for those with kids

Gandria – a few nice restaurants which I had also done a review of

Grotto Elvezia – where Hotel Elvezia is

Museo Heleneum (Customs Museum) – a good option to stop for those with kids

Cassarate

The whole ride is approx. 1 hour. During my 1st ride, I got off at Gandria. I should have stopped at Grotto Elvezia where my hotel was. Passengers can also get off at one of the many stops to have lunch or drinks at the restaurants at one of these stops and re-board the next ship to get back to Lugano.

I think this is the best option to enjoy the beautiful scenery surrounding this lake. Highly recommended when in Lugano, especially to those first timers!
One of the stops - Museo