Lago Fishing Village Resort

Check Cavinti Hotel Deals

Lago Fishing Village Resort Cavinti Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Serene calming stay close to nature May 29, 2015
I booked this via agoda for Php2050. I probably could have paid less of about Php1500 if I booked directly but agoda is easiest to do for a late booking :)

Nevertheless, the price for a night stay in a cottage by the lake felt cheap!

I contacted the manager for directions to get there from where we are coming from but he isn't knowledgeable to help us. It was hard to find info online and even with the help of local friends, it wasn't easy to know the best way to go because we don't know any reliable info to know the times and frequency of public transpo.

My friend from Quezon province decided to drive us from Pagbilao to Lucban and contracted the jeepney to bring us to where we needed to alight and contract a tricycle for us to get to the resort. We paid more but it was ok :) We paid 120 for the jeepney ride of about 1 hr for 3 seats so we dont feel squeezed. Php300 for the tricycle from Pagsanjan to Lago Fishing Village.

The check in was not smooth and the staff has a bit of attitude which we ignored. This is surprising as the norm in Philippine hospitality business is being very much taken cared of by warm welcoming staff. This place is different but not so bad to ruin your stay.

We are leaving early morning after so we asked for a ride to eco Park which we are charged for Php300. Our ride is a chauffered pajero for 10 mins passing by some very nice view of Caliraya lake.

The resort has a videoke and the staff start to sing to encourage guests. Despite the loud sound, the cottages are quite very far so it isn't bothersome for those who would like to sleep.

We were told we had the best cottage and we are convinced bec it is by the lake and very scenic. It was a wonderful sight to wake up in the morning.

The cottage is small and almost just fit the double bed. It is mostly made of bamboo and there are some insects including ants which could bite you :) The toilet and bath is also small but it was ok for me. There's hot and cold shower :) It isn't fancy but for the price, it feels cheap.

There's an electric fan which we used but by middle of the night, it feels cold and both of us needed a blanket :P

There are people who were fishing in the morning and the lake view is something I would have loved to just stare at for some time. preferably while having breakfast and coffee.

I chose tapsilog for breakfast which consists of cured beef (tapa), sunny side up egg and fried rice. The tapa there is the best I have ever tasted. Very tasty and tender.

It was a great morning and the owner greeted me and had a small chat. Overall was a pleasant stay and wouldn't mind going back. This is a good base in going to Cavinti cave and Pagsanjan waterfalls. :)

Check Cavinti Hotel Deals