Laduree

75, Paris, France

Laduree Paris Reviews

Ambrosial Ambrosial
Blissful High Tea May 30, 2011
Not exactly cheap but Ladurée does serve one of the best pastry and confectionery in Paris. There are several stores located all around Paris but the most noticeable is undoubtedly the one along Champs-Élysées. That particular outlet is forever flooded with customers, you would normally have to queue to get a table for dining in.

Ladurée serves a wide range of delicacies including the popular Macarons (where the best Macarons come from they say), cakes and all other typical French confectionery like Croissant. Definitely a good place for a luxury evening salvation from the working hassle especially in busy towns like Paris, every once in a while that is.

One of the things apart from the Macarons that you must try while dining in is the hot chocolate drink. The hot chocolate drink is beyond purity and is perfect for all of you chocoholics out there! It's literally like having chocolate bars melt in your mouth, only that it's instant. Trust me, it doesn't get any better than that.

The things there are a bit pricey or maybe overpriced but match that with the quality of the things they sell, I can probably understand why. It won't be my everyday hangout spot for sure but you have to try it at least once.
strangemystic says:
Now, you know one more French word;) It seems they have a restaurant too because those friends of trying it also next time. I guess I will have to start to save for that
Ambrosial says:
Ok, I gotta admit I didn't know what a gouter was. I had to google it hahaha. Yes I went there and it was nice and all, but I didn't make a second visit though. ;)
strangemystic says:
Hey! You went to Ladurée too! We went to have a "goûter" there with friends but time didn't match. but will go there for sure next time;
california_steph californ…
Always wanted to go here! Jul 16, 2011
I always wanted to try the macaroons here...i finally got the opportunity and they didn't disappoint. They looked gorgeous and tasted scrumptious I felt like Kristen Dunst playing Marie Antoinette. When in Paris eat like the bourgeoisie.
wendyzhou wendyzhou
Best Maccroons in the world. May 30, 2011
If you have a sweet tooth and you're in Paris, you need to come here. There's often a little line but with so many flavours to choose from as well as the quality, you'll understand why. They sell the best Maccroons in the world! My favourite flavour is the rose!
coolme coolme
Macaroons have a price...! Nov 16, 2010
I deliberated if I should write a review for this, but then again the title says it all! Macaroons have a price and yes this place is expensive! Many reasons, one is simply the quality and the melt- in - your mouth taste and variety of the macaroons that probably have only gotten better since 1862. Not to mention that the location is awesome. Its always bustling with people.

A friend of mine took me to this place and the little cafe they have. We had some coffee and bought a box of what else, but macaroons. A box of 12 plus coffee set us back by 35 euros. Not cheap, but considering the smiles it bought to the people whom I shared it with, it was totally worth it! Service is a little iffy, considering the price point. Don't expect much, just eat and leave.

Related Travel Blogs About Laduree

Day 4: Paris
Today was designated museum day. Our plans were to tour the Louvre in the morning and then swing by the Orangerie in the afternoon.   Jonathan had quite a bit of trouble getting out of…Paris: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champs-%C3%89lys%C3%A9es.   One planned stop on the champs Elysees was Laduree (read about it here, I insist…

Check Paris Hotel Deals