Calle Bolivar, Sucre, Bolivia

Lacot's Sucre Reviews

cstewart000 cstewart…
Lacot's - Simple meals great cocktails Jan 04, 2011
I have been here a couple of times as its clear this is a top tier establishment in Sucre. The coffee is fresh and full bodied all be it served a little slow and cool. The cocktails I have had (all featuring the word ‘orgasm’ in the title) have been mixed very well. The Mexican Flautas are one of the mains I have tried and have really stood out as one of the top meals I have had here in Sucre.

The breakfast menu needs a bit of work. Continental, Bolivian and American breakfasts are offered (all a variation of toast and jam, coffee, tea eggs or alike. I took the American breakfast (3 fried eggs, 4 pieces of toast, 3 pieces of ham or bacon with jam and butter).

The Breakfast was filling but a little too simple. Some onion jam or chutney to accompany the eggs would have rounded the meal out much more. I also took the ‘Hash Brown’ which turned out to be handmade wedges with spices and garlic. Again, this was a good base but needed some sauce to round the flavor.

3.5 of 5

Update to the review- This bar IS NOT gay or lesbian friendly. I was out with some friends and we saw a young Bolivian girl being ejected from the venue. One of our group spoke to her on the street and she told us it was because she was a Lesbian. One of the more senior members of our group (who spoke good Spanish) challenged the manager over her inappropriate treatment. The manager said that “she was making trouble”. Our friend wouldn’t accept that and the argument ended on the street with a small shoving match between the staff of the bar (5) and our group (8+). Sparing the manager one of my Cammy’s twisting flying head destroyer side-kick ™ we left the bar for another venue. Very unpleasant, small-minded and disappointing.
semi-decimated americano desayuno …

Check Sucre Hotel Deals