LaVon Lake

Wylie, Texas

LaVon Lake Wylie Reviews

Nicole0801 Nicole08…
LaVon Lake Nov 13, 2009
Iv’e heard quite a few good things about Lake Lavon, one is how large this Campground is. I really didn't have an idea about how massive this campground is until I visited today.

Well, I chose to visit "off season" to experience the grounds without tourists, natives, and events.

I arrived and spoke with the guards at the gatehouse about the park(s). And to my surprise, Lake LaVon has several parks around the lake which make up the campground. They are: Caddo Park, Twin Groves Park, Elm Creek Park, Lakeland Park, Pebble Beach Park, Little Ridge Park, Lavonia Park, Mallaro Park, Avalon Park, east Fork Park, Collin Park, Brockdale Park, Highland Park, Bratonia Park, Clear lake Park, and Tricky Creek Park. Most of the Parks were closed for the winter, but two.

I decided to visit East Fork Park. There was a $1.00 entry fee. I believe they charge per person, per car and the entry fee can total up to $10.00 if you are camping as well. I cannot describe how large this area is, it's absolutely amazing. I drove around the park just to get the "lay of the land" and I found: Boat Ramps, playgrounds, pavilions, swim beaches, boat docks, day use sites, areas for horseback ridding,

Tent areas, Camp Sites, and places to fish.

the campground was so peaceful, I could hear an occasional motor boat speed by me as I was pickinicing on the day use site, or the screech of a seagull who has just swept down and picked up a fish for lunch. Friendly dragonflies zipped by searching for water, or food but never annoyed me as I ate my lunch. Occasionally I would see a jogger with their dogs on leashes sprint by me as they were getting their "lunch run" in. I have always been memorized by the water, and to return to the water was just the medicine I needed. The park was clean, well kept, and attractive. I was enjoying how the trees were changing color and dotting the landscape with yellow-green, orange, brick red, brown and all of the beauty nature offers with the turning leaves.

I enjoyed the peace and serenity of the lake, the quiet time. I wasn't alone; there were campers there too. Fishing, BBQ's going Sail boating, and Motor boating too.

quite hours are 10:00pm-6:00am daily. The park locks the gates at 10:00pm and vehicles can not enter until 6am the next morning. If you are thinking about camping; campers may stay at Lavon Lake a maximum of 14 days in a 30 day period.

I enjoyed the beautiful day today, and the opportunity to walk, picnic, and enjoy the scenery. I will visit again, in the fall/winter and spring/summer during the height of tourist season. The Campground is so large you can not visit the lake in just 1 visit, there are so many things to see and do.

If you are visiting the DFW area, and would like to go camping, fishing, horseback riding, sailing, (or) motor boating this a great place to see.
Visitors fishing by the Lake
View of the lake
Visitors fihing on the lake
the lake
Nicole0801 says:
*picnic
Nicole0801 says:
I agree. It's a great place for a picnick, horseback riding, camping, etc...
yasuyo says:
Seems it would be very nice place for a meetup!! :D

Check Wylie Hotel Deals