La Vina

La Vina - The exterior

La Vina Merseyside Reviews

austin37335 austin37…
Authentic Spanish in the heart of Liverpool Jul 22, 2012
On a night out in Liverpool city centre Julie and I decided to try La Viña to eat after a recommendation from friends. We were there in the early evening and the restaurant was quite busy, but we didn't have to wait for a table and we were seated straight away. I suspect that if it is any later then booking may be advisable.

La Viña is an authentic Spanish restaurant serving 'tapas' dishes and paella. The authenticity is highlighted by the exclusively Spanish menu which is written in Spanish (with an English translation), as are all the signs. Our waitress was also Spanish although not all staff were.

We were immediately impressed with the ambiance of the place and the levels of service. The waitress explained the menu and took our drinks orders. She explained that typically guests will order 3 tapas dishes each, so that's what we did. The dishes we ordered ranged from £3.50 to £6.50 per dish and we also ordered a nice Rioja and of course a glass or two of Sangria.

The food was very good, I has chirzo and king prawn skewers, octopus, and a potato dish, while Julie had chicken, sea-bass and mushrooms. Julie's chicken took rather a long time to arrive but the waitress was full of apologies and we weren't charged.

All in all we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. If I were to be critical I'd say that the tables were a little too close together but that would be nit picking and La Viña is definitely worth 4 stars.
The exterior
La Viña interior
The decor
Me in La Viña
austin37335 says:
Thanks Ian, yeah it was good of them and they offered without me making a fuss about it.
Posted on: Jul 22, 2012
Dr_Seuss says:
Nice review Paul, and they had the decency not to charge for the chicken 8)
Posted on: Jul 22, 2012