La Ville Hotel

Check Doha Hotel Deals

La Ville Hotel Doha Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
La Ville Hotel Doha Qatar May 15, 2013
Since I never been to Doha, so I decided to stop over for 3 nights and explore the city on the way to South East Asia. The hotel was recommended to me by other travel buddy which has stayed there as the location is right at city centre, within walking distant to old medina and the museum of Islamic centre and pricewise is not too expensive compare with other hotel nearby.

I took taxi from the airport and it only takes half an hour ride on a very good road. The taxi driver did not speaks much English and luckily I have the hotel name written in English and Arabic language, so it is easy for him to find the place. I do not remember the taxi cost but it was very cheap and I was not keen to take city bus and looking for the hotel at the strange location especially for first time visit to the country, which I am not familiar. And it is uncommon for single female travel alone in this kind of world.

The hotel building located at an alley way, next to another hotel, but car can go right to the hotel front door. The security guard was guarding the hotel front door and come quickly to help with my luggage and carry inside the hotel.

Receptionist speak English well and very friendly and helpful. My room is ready and it is located on the fourth or fifth floor (I do not remember the exact floor) but it was nice view toward the old town from my room window.

The room itself is quite small and compact, has one double bed and all amenities I need. Since it was summer time when I visit Doha, it was really hot - during day time reach 40C and mostly I stay in the room during midday or prayer time as most museum and shops also closed during this time, and out again exploring around 3 or 4pm. Luckily the air condition in the room working really well and very quiet. It seem a lot of men in the hotel than single female guest, since I do not see other single female travel alone – however I see couples as a guest, and I do not have any problem at this place and I feel very safe. Wifi is free in the whole building.

The room cost 50 euro for single (not sure if it is the same price for 2 people) – including buffet breakfast which has a good selection.

The main street is around 50m walk from the hotel and plenty of local restaurants and shops (like minimarket) selling water, candy, and everything I need.

The souq located around 1km from the hotel and I walk there from the hotel passed many local shopping centres. It was safe walking around the city centre even though a lot of men stared at me but they did not make any cat call – just stared basically – so I do not have any problem in this country.

I take taxi for half a day to explore the town and it was nice.
bathroom
sink
inside the room
inside the room
rsvpme says:
Looks like my kind of place...
Posted on: Jan 17, 2014