La Villa French Restaurant

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

La Villa French Restaurant Ho Chi Minh City Reviews

littlecat littlecat
“The best fine dining experience of my life” Dec 20, 2011
After a long trip in Vietnam, I was extremely happy from my Hotel concierge recommendation.

This on says: "this is not in the city center, but it's worth the trip"

In fact the trip was reasonable less than 15mins to arrive at the villa.

Warm welcome from the taxi door by a charming Vietnamese lady. Big smile, caring... ( I understand later that she was the Chef's wife).

We had a nice table in the garden. Candles everywhere, which created a beautiful and romantic ambiance.

The Chef came out from the kitchen to greet us, Originally from south of France (with a tipical French accent, he introduce us his menu, also his philosophy and the villa concept) describe as a family business, uncle doing the pastry, his wife to take care of the service...)

I make my choice for a Brandade follow by a rack of Lamb.

My partner ordered the foie Gras, then the parmigiano ravioli.

We ordered a bottle of Clos des Fees. actually I was surprised to find such a good wine coming from a boutique winery on the list, in fact the winemaker of this wine use to be one of France best Sommelier, and the wine itself is becoming one of the best wine from South of France.

The dishes were perfectly executed, the brandade has the same taste than in France, the foie gras terrine was well cooked an seasoned exactly as we liked it.

The lamb was cooked as I request it, tender, flavory... Even if my friend has the very small appetite, she finished all the ravioli without giving me the chance to try, she even deep her bread in the sauce, leaving the plate clean.

If this is not a sign, In 4 years I never saw her doing this, even at the caprice in HK or Le chateaubriand in Paris.

She told me later on our way back to the Hotel, that she done this because she was feeling like home.

And it is true The chef and his wife have created a place were we actually feel well...

Check Ho Chi Minh City Hotel Deals