La Vecchia Scuola

62 Low Petergate, York, United Kingdom

La Vecchia Scuola York Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
A Little Gem Aug 24, 2015
The first thing we noticed about this restaurant was the beautiful building that it was housed within, it turned out to be the old York College for girls - a building of over 300 years old.

We'd stopped off en route towards 'The Shambles' looking for a suitable place to dine this evening - one look at the menu outside this elegant building made the decision quite easy - especially as there was no mention of pineapple on the pizza menu - my friend Bea, finds this so wrong and immediately writes any restaurant off that my have the audacity to serve such a pizza - hehe =) Our table was booked for 7pm.

On arrival we were greeted by a cheerful waiter and shown to a table within the conservatory area, which overlooked beautiful gardens. After perusing the menu and changing our minds a couple of times we eventually placed our order:

Starter: Olives and Bruschetta to share

Mains: I opted for King Prawn Rissoto and Bea opted for Seafood Linguine

Dessert: I opted for a chocolate orange melting pudding (as recommended by the waiter as I could not pick one dessert) Bea opted for ice cream

We also opted for a bottle of white wine too.

The service was very swift and the food was exquisite. I also noticed that the pizza's seemed to very popular within the dining area - perfectly presented and very thin - authentic Italian pizza, non of this fast food thick looking dough that seem to be mass produced.

The waiter was very attentive and obviously took great pride in his job asking us on more that one occasion if everything was fine.

The bill came to around £58 + a tip

Would definitely recommend and would not hesitate in returning =)
King Prawn Rissotto
Chocolate Orange Melting Pudding =)
Vikram says:
congrats!!
Posted on: Nov 10, 2015
Paulovic says:
Allie, congrats on your featured review! :D
Posted on: Nov 10, 2015
cotton_foam says:
Congrats, Allie for this featured review!
Posted on: Nov 09, 2015