La Vecchia Ristorante

3501 South Virginia Street, Reno, NV, USA
lavecchiareno.com - 775.825.1113
La Vecchia Ristorante - corner of South Virginia St & Moana
La Vecchia Ristorante - wine!
La Vecchia Ristorante - would love to bring THAT bottle home!
La Vecchia Ristorante - INSALATA DELLO CHEF SALAD

Baby spinach, radicchio and arugula, with apple, toasted sweet
walnuts and feta with raspberry vinaigrette.
La Vecchia Ristorante - INSALATA DELLO CHEF SALAD

Baby spinach, radicchio and arugula, with apple, toasted sweet
walnuts and feta with raspberry vinaigrette.

La Vecchia Ristorante Reno Reviews

maestorm maestorm
italian comfort food in cozy elegant atmosphere Sep 04, 2008
Located on the corner of Virginia Street and Moana, you just can't miss the restaurant!!

Upon entering, you are greeted by the sight of a gorgeous full bar!! Not only do they serve cocktails, but of course fine wine. After all, what's an italian restaurant without wine?

The ambience and decor is elegant yet cozy. A large crystal vase graces the room with a bouquet of orchids. The table setting includes chairs and booths.

My travel companion felt a bit underdressed as other patrons were wearing casual business attire and semi formal clothing. It led me to believe that this popular local restaurant was famous for luncheons! I didn't feel self conscious at all in my cotton shorts, t-shirt and slippers. Plus, none of the staff turned us away because of our "attire" (although I don't know why my friend was self-conscious when he was wearing a collared button down shirt with black pants).

The lunch portion and prices are half of what the dinner menu offered. They had everything from salad, soup, panini, and pasta. They even offer special dishes for those who desire an alternative to wheat/gluten.

I ordered the RIGATONI ARRABBIATA, which was fresh rigatoni pasta with spicy pomodoro sauce. It had the perfect touch of spicy. My friend had the INSALATA DELLO CHEF. I tried out his salad which was DELICIOUS! It had Baby spinach, radicchio and arugula, with apple, toasted sweet walnuts and feta with raspberry vinaigrette. He had ordered the lunch special which was lasagne. I didn't try it out since I was busy devouring my delicious dish!!

The chef is known to occasionally hold cooking classes at Whole Foods Market, and they do get sold out!

The staff was really friendly and the service was good. They always made sure that our glasses were full and not once did we have to ask for a refill. They do give you the traditional starter: bread and olive oil with balsamic vinegar. I prefer more balsamic than olive oil so I had to ask the server to add more balsamic to the modest amount she had placed before us.
corner of South Virginia St & Moana
wine!
would love to bring THAT bottle ho…
INSALATA DELLO CHEF SALAD Baby …

Check Reno Hotel Deals