La Taverne du Dauphin

La Taverne du Dauphin - Restaurant's sign

La Taverne du Dauphin Casablanca Reviews

vixen2306 vixen2306
Disappointment Dec 30, 2013
The choice of this restaurant for our evening meal was based purely on quite good reviews in Lonely Planet guide. And it wasn't too far from where we parked for the day (Hassan II Mosque). Unfortunately, from the beginning till the end, it was all a big disappointment.

The restaurant did not look at all glamorous as I imagined it from reviews, either from the outside or the inside. The decor was plain and lacked any style.

The service wasn't great either. The waiter was unnecessarily slow and paid not much attention to our table.

Menu consisted mainly of fish dishes which were slightly on the overpriced side.

We all decided to order some type of fish. My choice was Net St Pierre with potatoes on the bed of veg and tomatoes.

The plate was presented poorly with fish slumped with not much care, a big chunk of tomato not even chopped, and baby potatoes on a bed of veg that looked overcooked. And the dish did not taste what you would expect. The fish was overcooked, tomato not ripened enough and all the veg well overcooked. Not a meal I would want to have again.

After having the main meal, we still had our desserts to follow - a bowl of fresh fruit. And I regretted ordering it as the fruit wasn't fresh at all and looked like taken out of a can.

Definitely not my favourite meal by far, and considering quite steep prices, not worth paying all that money. I did not quite understand why this place had such good reviews.

Total price per person including drinks - £8.50/€10.00.

I would most definitely skip this place if you are dinning in Casablanca.
Restaurant's sign