La Taverne de Passage

La Taverne de Passage - The wine

La Taverne de Passage Brussels Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A great old fashioned Belgian cuisine Oct 23, 2010
La Taverne de Passage is a typical Belgian style cuisine situated in the heart of Brussels at Galerie de la Reine. Inside you step back in time with table’s placed in boots along the wall and some tables situated in the middle of the restaurant that houses approximately 15 tables.

It is a place that serves lunch, dinner and really late dinner. In the far end there is a traditional bar with a huge in mirror reflecting the bottles and the light from the ceiling. The tables are decorated in a traditional French brasserie style with white table cloths and loads of glasses. The waiters are all in black and white and most of them are almost as old as the establishment; our waiter had been working there in 32 years. They usually all speak French, Dutch and English.

If you look around you will encounter that there almost will be a elder Belgian citizen above 70 years old and they have probably come there regularly since their youth.

The food is traditional Belgian kitchen, a bit heavy but tasty. It is not high end French cuisine but it is good and I really like it.

This time I started with escargot which were great. After that I had a filet Pure with frites and an onion sauce. We had a wonderful red wine together with the food and I truly enjoyed the lunch meal.
Wall decoration