La Taverna

Calle Aniceto Arce 35, Sucre, Bolivia

La Taverna Sucre Reviews

cstewart000 cstewart…
The Best Restaurant in Sucre - that I have found Dec 17, 2010
La Taverna is a consistent high performer offering exquisite meals and outstanding service. The average traveller may be deterred by the higher prices. However, the minor increase in price is eclipsed by the incredible quality of the meals. And since we are in Bolivia, it is a matter of a few small dollars. For me personally, there is no hesitation in spending $10 dollars for a meal that I would be happy to pay $50 for at home.

The meals I have taken to date are usually a generous portion of tender chicken or beef with an excellent sauce and vegetables. Desserts are very rich and delicate. Presentation always takes a very high priority and is unparalleled in Sucre. Meal portions are usually small to moderate in the French tradition. However, after three courses you should be very satisfied.

The wait staff do not speak English or French very well however they are highly professional, well dressed and attentive. The décor of the restaurant exhibits the immense collection of wine and features high quality timber furniture. The room is lit very well and would be an excellent setting for a romantic dinner. Unfortunately for me, I have only ever sat across from a Scruffy South African called Jaques.

Check Sucre Hotel Deals