La Tasca Spanish Tapas Bar

52a High Street, Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
La Tasca Spanish Tapas Bar - Great Meal :-)
La Tasca Spanish Tapas Bar - Enterance To La Tasca
La Tasca Spanish Tapas Bar - Like The Look Of That Glass ;-)
La Tasca Spanish Tapas Bar - La Tasca Photo From Boat Next Day
La Tasca Spanish Tapas Bar - Walkway Beside La Tasca
La Tasca Spanish Tapas Bar - Decking Area From Outside
La Tasca Spanish Tapas Bar - Tables In The Restaurant

La Tasca Spanish Tapas Bar Kingston upon Thames Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
La Tasca May 17, 2012
Almost bound to be a favourable review from me, as I hate fighting with food, it bores me, and prefer to graze. I love tapas and so does the rest of the family, so it was a pretty easy choice to go for a meal.

Restaurant is located on the High Street, you have to enter from here, towards the Town End Pier. Building runs all the way through th the Thames walkway, and they have an area of decking there to sit out by the river. However the night we went it was to cold to do that, and either it was closed off, or nobody was daft enough to try it.

Couple of staffat the station next to the door to greet you and get you seated, and it is quite spacious inside, with the tables set pretty far apart. Nice decor and decent mood music to get you into the fell of it.

With the family used to doing this we went for two dishes each,but to shre, and four general ones for the table. Did Estrella Damm on draught to help you along while making the choice.

Went for a good mix - Gambas Al Aljillo(prawns),Chorizo(smoked sausage),Albongigas(meatballs x 2),Croquetas De Pollo(chicken),Empanadas De Carne(mince in puff pastry),Chicken Skewers and Catalan Style Beef Stew. We added the four extra dishes with 2 x Patatas Bravas(potatoes), some Manchego(cheese) and some mixed olives. Service was quick, and as we had been out at a function and fed in the afternoon, we were happy to take our time over it all, and the beer kept flowing :-).

Have to say most of it went down well, apart from the prawns,just didn't hit the spot. All in all a pleasant meal, in a nice environment and quite relaxing.Total bill for food and drinks came to £70 for the four of us, so I found that very reasonable.

On better days, and evenings, I expect you would have to book the tables outside, by the river, as I reckon they would be the most popular.
Enterance To La Tasca
Tables In The Restaurant
Like The Look Of That Glass ;-)
Decking Area From Outside