La Tapenade Mediterranean Cafe

10000 West O'Hare Chicago IL. 60666 , Chicago, IL, USA

La Tapenade Mediterranean Cafe Chicago Reviews

Flygerl Flygerl
Chicago's Airport Food at La Tapenade Jun 19, 2011
The Chicago airport is a third home for me. Not many people know it is the busiest airport in the world for plane volume. This information helps persons to understand just how busy this airport is. I read reviews through a search of the La Tapenade and it averages three and a half out of five stars. I want to make you aware of information concerning the reviewer (me) so there is a clear understanding of this review. I spend four to five out of seven days on average in airports. Additionally I eat out seven out of seven days a week several times a day. In other words I eat out a lot and most of the time it's inside a airport, so I am acclimated to spending more money on food. More so, airport food which is more expensive than it counterparts outside the airport. I have pictures of the salad I chose at La Tapenade. Although I have eaten here a time or two, each time I go back it reminds me why I do not frequent this cafe in the Chicago airport. The food is costly more so than other food places but is less savory. The shrimp on the salad tasted as if they had been in the refrigerator for weeks. Nothing could salvage its flavor including the dressing. How could airport food be fresh you ask. Well there are some places. La Tapenade is not one. This salad is almost twelve dollars so if we can not get fresher or better tasting shrimp simply lower the prices. The greens were bearable and that says plenty from a person who is extremely finicky when it comes to salad green. The fruit vinegrette was questionable also but I really do think it was the shrimp that controlled the unsavoriness of this salad.

Check Chicago Hotel Deals