La Scala

+34 976 23 78 80

La Scala Zaragoza Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great food and a mojito sorbet ! Oct 23, 2013
I entered the restaurant as the first customer at 8.30 pm – actually I had to wait in their bar before they gave me permission to sit at a table. The restaurant was nice and quite cozy in a modern way. I was given a table near the entrance to the large room in the back of the place. There were tables in the entrance area near the bar but they were probably used as lunch tables.

I was given the menu while I decided to continue with the wine I had enjoyed while I was waiting in the bar, which had been a local one. I quickly decided on my dishes that were a mix of dishes from the menu and the chef’s recommendations. I was given a lovely gazpacho as an appetizer followed by some amazing Iberico Jamon served with toasted bread covered with tomato juice with garlic. The ham was really amazing. Thereafter I was given a carpaccio with a parmesan ice cream in the middle. It was the first time I tasted parmesan ice cream and it was perfect match.

My main dish was a entrecote with mashed potatoes. I had asked to have it rare and it almost said muh. I really liked the fact that the chef had sprinkled lots of salt flacks all over. The final kill was something I never had tasted before and I must say that the mojito sorbet was something special; it was very fresh and I could still taste the alcohol that gave the sorbet an extra kick.

I finalized the meal with an espresso and a local brandy and it was an amazing meal and the biggest surprise was small bill I was left with for this magnificent meal.
Jamon Iberico
Carpaccio with parmesan ice cream
The entrecôte
Chokk says:
Well that is normal in Northern Europe as well but from Brussels and down it gets later and later ;)
Posted on: Oct 28, 2013
Hummingbird says:
They certainly eat dinner much later than I'm used to. Roger and I eat at 6pm.
Posted on: Oct 27, 2013
Chokk says:
I was considering a 5, haha but the lack of people there did something to the ambiance
Posted on: Oct 27, 2013