La Ronde

(514) 397-2000

La Ronde Montreal Reviews

melanie_dea melanie_…
LaRonde Fireworks Feb 20, 2011
If you're coming in the summer and are a fan of theme parks, LaRonde (part of Six Flags) is worth a look. It's on St-Helen's Island which a neat spot because we have a beach there (man-made beach, but still the closest you can get to the real thing in Montreal), great picnic spots, the biosphere, and some other random activities that go on throughout the summer that you could find on an event list on the internet if you're looking.

Like all theme parks, it's probably around 40$ to get in and the food is hyper-expensive, so if you can pack a lunch then that's a great way to cut costs. Also, check the coca-cola cans because they will often have a promotion of 5$ rebate if you bring one of the cans (at least it's been that way for many years now).

What I love about LaRonde though is that in the summer, that's where they host the FIREWORKS competition and every week they have a fireworks display from a different country. You can get tickets to sit and watch the show with the music, bu they can be costly and it's equally fun to just watch them standing somewhere in/just outside the park. The Jacques-Cartier bridge is also closed for people to watch them on the bridge so parking your car and walking onto the bridge is also a summer favorite of mine.

Some other neat info: we've got the oldest wooden roller coaster (the Monster) that's still functioning (most of the time, haha), a spongebob squarepants 3D ride (for the kids! and the moving chairs make it fun for us big kids too...), and a number of other cool rollercoasters (newest addition: the Goliath, but also the Vampire where your feet dangle, the Boomering which goes backwards, the Cobra which you stand up on, and a cool kiddie roller-coaster too). Also, for 20$ a person you can try out the Slingshot, which two people sit in and then are shot up into the air, all the way as high (or higher?) than the bridge. For 5$ more, you can get a video of yourselves in the slingshot while you were on the ride. Water rides: 2 decent ones, the log ride is always a favorite of mine, and the Splash (a newer ride) for those who really want to get wet!
Stelarmod Stelarmod
Older Amusement Park Apr 28, 2008
My experience with La Ronde Amusement Park in Montreal is that it was a large attraction, but outdated. One of the rides I was on broke down every couple times that it ran. Should have been a sign to me not to ride it! Unfortunately, one of those times is when I was at the top of the roller coaster, just starting to go backwards. So, needless to say, the riders (including self) were stranded for 15 or so minutes hanging from the top of the coaster with our heads suspended.

The ratio of cost for admission vs the quality of the park was not in check...I honestly believe it was overpriced.

Now the city Red Bus tour...that is highly recommended and worth your time and money!

Overall, Montreal is a beautiful must see city!
d2amy d2amy
GREAT! Oct 01, 2008
This amusement park made my trip when I went to Quebec in 2005. I was never really a , lets go to an amusement park type of girl before I headed off to La Ronde, but now, I am! I hit the monster first, which is the largest wooden roller coaster and goes up to 90 miles an hour at some slopes, and I had a hoot! Then on the to Vampire I went, the first rollercoaster I had ever been on that went upside down and your feet dangled. Super fun. I also went on another ride two, which I forget what the name was, but it shot you up into the air and then you felt like there was no gravity for a bit and you floated, it was awesome. I cannot say enough great stuff about this little amusement park. The only down side, because its so small, the lines are long, but nothing compared to Disney World (although I have never been there)

Check Montreal Hotel Deals