La Rambla

La Rambla - Pizza

La Rambla Barcelona Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Dining out on La Rambla Jun 05, 2012
I am writing this review here rather than under restaurants/cafes as I can not remember the actual name of the restaurant we dined at.

It was our first night in Barcelona and by the time we had sorted ourselves out at the hotel and walked down to La Rambla we were hungry. We strolled the length of La Rambla looking at prices as we knew it would be pricey sitting on the main pavement area - however, exactly how pricey did come as a bit of a shock. The initial advertising board displayed that a pizza/paella and a drink would be 14 euros. We thought this sounded ok so settled at a table. The waiter came over, went through the specials board and then handed us a menu. We ordered two medium beers. If these beers were medium I have absolutely no idea what size large would have been, nor the cost!!

We ordered tomato bread (enough for the two of us) a pizza and a vegetarian paella. The food was delivered about fifteen minutes later. The bread left a lot to be desired, it was quite soggy.

When the bill came, we were gobsmacked to say the least - a grand total of 54 euros. The beers alone were 9 euros each.

Be warned, the prices on the advertising boards are not necessarily the price you're guaranteed to pay!!!
Vegetarian Paella
Medium beer
The view
jeminigirl says:
Hi Brian - I gave it five stars as according to the star rating (when writing a review on a hint/tip/advisce) it means very important to know - totally confusing really as on all other reviews it means highly recommended - perhaps the star grading should be changed on Travbuddy when giving advice/tips?
Posted on: Jul 03, 2012
spocklogic says:
Sounds like a downgrade in Stars is called for...
Posted on: Jul 02, 2012
jeminigirl says:
Hi Jutta, To be honest the food was not too great either - my paella had no taste what so ever!!! The star grading is very confusing as on all other reviews its a guide as to how great the place you are reviewing is. However on the General tips/advice category, 5 stars means very important to know - Believe me I was confused when selecting the stars :)
Posted on: Jun 25, 2012