La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven Rates and Deals

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven Reviews

Chokk Chokk
In need of an update Oct 16, 2012
My wish was to have a night in the city center of New Haven because it was my 50th birthday and I had been driving from Virginia Beach. To my surprise the hotels that I visited in the city center they were all sold out. After asking around they recommended me to try at the La Quinta Inns & Suites New Haven that unfortunately was located way outside the city center.

The hotel was located in a boring area close to the highway and I arrived there just before 10 pm. The girl behind the counter was really friendly and funny so my mood changed a bit but I gave up on getting some good food this special day. The neighboring Greek restaurant closed at 10 pm so I went to the local shop and bought some dried beef and a couple of beers.

The hotel was a bit worn down as the hotel looked like it was on the way down. When I had checked I met by some strange characters in the lobby and I just laughed at my situation. I took the elevator up 8th floor and my room and the sense that had met me in the lobby continued when I entered my floor and the room. My room was large and facing the back area of the hotel, which looked like an area where you would get mugged.

The room was boring and it looked like it had been decorated in the 50s. There was a queen size bed, a pinkish end wall that didn’t add value to the room. In the corner there was a chair that you wouldn’t take home from a flea market if it were given to you for free, even the bathroom was dull. I turned on the TV to get some noise in the room that could neutralize the noise from the elevators that was located just next to my room. I decided to just surf the Internet and go early to bed.

AT 3 am I was abruptly woken by the fire alarm repeatedly giving a load signal and the receptionist asking us to leave the room via the stairs. I got out of my bed laughing about the fact that my 50th birthday continued to surprise me. I left my room entering the hall together with loads of other sleepy people. We walked the stairs down and on the 6th floor there was an old guy sitting in his electric chair with tubes sticking out everywhere. It was quite a strange moment but his son just said to us to go on and tell the firefights that they were sitting there.

We all entered the cold parking lot and some of my fellow hotel guests were standing there in nightgowns. I went into my car and turned it on so I wouldn’t freeze. I was in the car for 30 minutes before we could enter the hotel again. The reason for the fire alarm was that some crazy person had turned on a candle, which had activated the fire alarm in the room.

Next morning I was still sleepy as I had problems falling asleep again and I was quite happy to leave as it had not been my best stay.
The bed and dull colors
The TV and chair
The bathroom
The hotel and the blue sky
Chokk says:
Very true - it almost burn into my mind - quite funny that we aged in the same decades
Posted on: Jan 24, 2013
spocklogic says:
I just had my 50th birthday last Oct. 21, so you're just a few days my elder - HBD! Well, guess it's a 50th you won't forget anyway, eh?
Posted on: Jan 24, 2013

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven Overview

Location.
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven is located in New Haven, close to Long Wharf Theater, Yale University, and Yale Bowl. Nearby points of interest also include East Rock Park and Knights of Columbus Museum.

Hotel Features.
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven features a restaurant. The hotel serves a complimentary continental breakfast. Recreational amenities include a fitness facility. This 2.5-star property has a business center and offers business services. Complimentary wireless and wired high-speed Internet access is available in public areas. The property has an airport shuttle, which is complimentary. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include laundry facilities. This is a smoke-free property.

Guestrooms.
There are 158 guestrooms at La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven. Furnishings include desks and sofa beds. Bathrooms feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Wired high-speed Internet access is complimentary. Guestrooms offer complimentary weekday newspapers. Televisions have premium cable channels and pay movies. Air-conditioned rooms also include coffee/tea makers, irons/ironing boards, and clock radios. Housekeeping is offered daily and guests may request wake-up calls. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request. Guestrooms are all non-smoking.

You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed. Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Amenities

• Fishing
  • Desk
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Outdoor