La Quinta Inn Bakersfield

La Quinta Inn Bakersfield Rates and Deals

La Quinta Inn Bakersfield Reviews

sylviandavid sylviand…
Affordable and decent ..... Jan 24, 2010
We were going on a road trip with my parents. Unfortunately my mother is unable to lay down to sleep and needed a recliner. We got onto the internet and found three motels listed with recliners: Hanford Inn and Suites, La Quinta Inn and Suites and Extended Stay America. We decided because the recliner chair is so crucial to call and actually speak to the motel to book the rooms. The La Quinta confirmed they had recliners in their king rooms. We booked three rooms (David’s mom, Helen, my parents and us). Until we looked it up we didn’t know motels provided recliners so this really opened up travel for Mom and Dad. Hooray!

When we arrived the check in was painless. The young lady at the front desk was very helpful and patient. David got three rooms next to each other on the second floor. The lady assured him if they were not suitable she would find other rooms.

We rode the elevator up. It was quite a ways on the outside corridor to the rooms. Mom and dad’s room was decorated with a polka dot bed spread. I have heard polka dots are always in style but I have to wonder about putting them on bedspreads. Helen’s room and our room had dark green flowered bedspreads that were a little more sophisticated looking. All of the rooms had a large table on one side that had two straight back chairs with a computer hookup and a lamp. Mom checked to make certain the recliner was comfortable. (although she actually had two other chairs to choose from.) It was perfect. As soon as we unpacked the car we decided to go to dinner. Nearby was an Arby’s and an IHOP . The IHOP had pretty good food although I personally have problems with eating at a restaurant that has the same meal in Bakersfield or Phoenix. I prefer a local place . The meal at IHOP was actually really good so I couldn’t complain.

The room was fairly quiet. The beds were quite good although I don’t understand why motels supply 6 pillows now. They are at the top of the bed and I keep having to put the surplus ones on the chair. It’s a little annoying having to test them all to get the right softness and then move the extras. (David doesn’t have this problem and can sleep on all of them….)

We slept fast and went down for breakfast. It had a fairly large spread although there were no hot foods. It had muffins, sweet rolls, oranges, apples, 3 kind of cereals, English muffins, toaster waffles, bread, boiled eggs, orange juice, coffee and tea. The breakfast is served in the lobby. I loved the huge yellow display bowls. There is a fountain on the side wall near the tables. Our table was a rocking one but that is the only negative I would add. Promptly at 10 the breakfast was cleared away.

Our check out was smooth. The desk clerk had found our La Quinta registration and gotten all 3 of the rooms credited. It was really nice of her to do the extra work. We stayed in rooms 231, 233 and 235. They were in a quiet area of the motel. This motel is one we will go back to.
King bed in room
Picture above bed
Dressing table area
sylviandavid sylviand…
Recliner, King Bed... Polka Dots.... fun room.... Jan 25, 2010
When we were coming back from Arizona we decided to stay at the La Quinta again. Again, the check in was very easy. We stayed in a completely different area of the motel. We had room 121 and 123 on the ground floor near the swimming pool.

David and I got the polka dot room this time… even the carpeting was polka dotted. I got such a kick out of it I photographed it…. Polka dots NEVER go out of style…. And at worst they can make you laugh. The room was quite clean and the bed was comfortable. We were amazed at the road noise at the ground level. My parents room was where the stairs were and they too could hear road noise. It was too bad as the upstairs rooms we stayed at last week were much quieter. The grounds on the pool side of the motel were covered with branches and trash. There had been a wind storm recently and it was possible that the residue from it hadn’t been cleaned yet.

For dinner we went to the Buck Owens Crystal Palace which was located only two motels away. The dinner was really above average and the dinner house was a huge museum with memorabilia of Buck Owens and his career. Fun place that we are anxious to visit again.

The next morning we got up before 9 (!!!!! Check for pods) and had breakfast. On weekends they serve until 10. The breakfast was the same: muffins, sweet rolls, oranges, apples, 3 kind of cereals, English muffins, toaster waffles, bread, boiled eggs, orange juice, coffee and tea. A very good breakfast considering they didn’t have hot items offered. When we return to this motel we will be staying on the quieter second floor. We would recommend this motel although it was not a fancy one.
Front of the motel... the first vi…
The room.....
closer on the bed
pool area ... actually nice

La Quinta Inn Bakersfield Overview

Conveniently located in the San Joaquin Valley off Highway 99, the La Quinta Inn South Bakersfield is located in Bakersfield, California. Area attractions include the Buck Owens' Crystal Palace, Kern County Museum, Mesa Marin Raceway, Bakersfield Museum of Art, West Kern Oil Museum, Centennial Garden Arena and Convention Center, Lake Ming, California Living Museum and much more. Located near downtown Bakersfield, the La Quinta Inn South Bakersfield is off Highway 99 (northbound exit Buck Owens Blvd, southbound exit Rosedale Highway).

The 129 guestrooms at the La Quinta Inn South Bakersfield offer numerouss amenities including enhanced lighting, oversized desk, in-room coffeemakers, data port phones with voicemail, 25” television with movies-on-demand, cable TV, hair dryers and alarm clocks.

Designed for business travelers and tourists, the 3-story La Quinta Inn South Bakersfield offers a complimentary Continental breakfast, outdoor heated swimming pool, parking, laundry facilities, and safe-deposit boxes. There are several restaurants in the area. Pets are also allowed at this location.

La Quinta Inn Amenities

• Fishing
  • Lake
  • Direct dial phone
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Outdoor