La Quincaillerie

www.quincaillerie - 02 539 40 95

La Quincaillerie Brussels Reviews

Chokk Chokk
La Quincaillerie Jan 17, 2008
I had been walking by this restaurant many times because there almost always have been a long queue outside. When I looked inside, one of the first things that met me, was that it looked really nice and cosy in an old fashion way. I don't know what it is but in Belgium the restaurant do almost always look cosy inside - might be because there are so many old things to take from in order to make things look authentic.

After entering the restaurant I could see that my expectations were met, it really looked nice inside. Even though it was rather early the restaurant was already getting full. Most of the clients were expats like me - maybe meaning that we were at the wrong place. Belgians tend to find their own unknown restaurants where the food is really amazing.

We got a table on the first floor overviewing the entrance - it was a great view. We started with a couple of Belgian beers nothing special but the were well deserved:)

We both ordered huitres as an entre and they were really good, if the oysters are fresh - you can hardly make them bad. After this we both had a filet pure with a well made salad. It was in general a very good meal and not more than that - and we were satisfied with what we got.

The Quincaillerie was one of the first restarants to set up in the Chatelain neighbourhood that has now become so trendy. The restaurant is based an authentic hardware store ('quincaillerie' in French) of the 1900s that was made into a brasserie-restaurant in 1988.

La Quincaillerie is situated among the innumerable fashion boutiques and purveyors of upmarket knick-knacks.

Check Brussels Hotel Deals