La Querencia Parrillada

La Querencia Parrillada Iquitos Reviews

dawnontheamazon dawnonth…
Dec 03, 2007
La Querencia Parrillada for Great Steak in Iquitos Peru

My favorite place to enjoy a great steak in Iquitos Peru is La Querencia Parrillada, located on the first block of Napo # 138, a half block towards the river from the Plaza de Armas. The phone number is 225785. English menus are available on request.

I always order the small (250 gr.) Lomo Fino, (beef tenderloin), with perfect french fries and a heart of palm with tomatoes and cucumber salad, for S/20 (less than $6.75). I prefer my steaks medium rare, but here I order medium and it comes out perfect for me.

They serve an excellent half bottle of Peruvian reserve red wine (vino tinto) for another S/20, or a house wine by the glass for S/6.

La Querencia offers a choice of four of the best homemade table sauces in Iquitos. My favorite sauce for the steak is the fresh basil, fresh oregano, sweet pepper and garlic in a small amount of olive oil. On the French fries I enjoy the tomato, chive, spicy pepper sauce. The sauce that looks like it might be homemade mustard is hot, be careful.

The last time I ate at La Querencia, I was the only gringo among 18 customers, the time before that I was the only gringo among 25 customers. After my meal I usually go to the kitchen counter and tip the chef one or two soles. He seems to appreciate the compliment.

Most people would consider the steak, French fries, and sauces at La Querencia to be excellent in any city or country. I am pleased to give it my highest recommendation.

What is your favorite restaurant to eat steak in Iquitos Peru?

Dawn on the Amazon