La Preferida

Lima, Peru
La Preferida - Piqueo La Preferida: cebiches, chorito a la chalaca & slices of pejerrey fish - very good!!!!
La Preferida - address and directions
La Preferida - logo
La Preferida - logo

La Preferida Lima Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
The quality of always at La Preferida Sep 27, 2009
Their is slogan is so true: the quality of always... This restaurant was open over 50 years ago and has many loyal customers as well as new ones - like myself.

I've heard about it before, but never tried their food until the Food Festival and now I'm thinking when to visit the restaurant.

Their menu is mostly about fish and shellfish tapas, besides an original fusion of Peruvian and International cuisine.

At the Food Festival I tried the "Piqueo La Preferida" which was an appetizer with different samples. Very fresh and tasty. I could try the fish cebiche, seafood cebiche, mushroom cebiche, chorito a la chalaca (mussels with chopped onion, corn and red pepper), and 2 slices of raw fish - delicious!!!

I can't say anything about the restaurant's decoration, although I've seen the location outside and it's a big old house... It didn't matter they were in a stand, since the decoration of their dishes was very very nice. All the cebiches were served in shells - how cute!

I don't know about the regular prices, since there was a special price at the food festival, but they are not expensive although not that cheap either. I just heard they had a bloody mary with pisco and mussels. Mmm, would try it. Furthermore, they won the award for best causa (mashed potatoes layer stuffed with fish or crabmeat)!
logo
address and directions
Piqueo La Preferida: cebiches, cho…
yadilitta says:
yep!
geerbox says:
Ok causa and a bloody mary here! Sounds like a great meal
yadilitta says: