La Posada de Don Simon

Check Salta Hotel Deals

La Posada de Don Simon Salta Reviews

dardeb dardeb
Charming hostel in good location Nov 26, 2014
This hostel was a great find!

Warm and helpful owners, charming decor, very clean and well kept, quiet and in good location. It's about ten minutes walking to the main square in town.

I had my own private room, with comfortable bed, a big closet. Room was much bigger than usual hostel rooms.

No natural light, only a window that gives away to the hallway. This still gives you an opportunity to get some fresh air, and it was fine with me.

Also, my room had no A/C, but it wasn't so warm and I didn't need it.

Bathrooms were shared, but kept unusually clean for a hostel.

Shared kitchen and dining area was very nice too, with open grill place, and patio to sit outside.

Breakfast was included, and was with warm fresh croissants. Not too big, but just enough. On days I had to leave early for my tours, they gave me some cookies to take with me, which I thought was a super nice gesture.

The older couple that runs the place is sweet, with lots of information they give you upon check in. They book tours, buses, etc. I got helpful answers to all my questions.

Free WiFi worked well in my room, but I was close to the lobby. They also had a computer for use, and a small library.
single room
window is opening to the hallway
JJguinness JJguinne…
Nov 18, 2013
This is a small family run hostel. An older couple and their son run the hostel. Only the son speaks decent English but the family is very nice and helpful.

Accomodations are basic but clean. Shared bathroom and no A/C. Luckily I was able to get a fan for my room so it wasn't so bad. They had free wifi and a few common areas to relax. Location was decent only a few blocks from the central square and plenty of options around for dining and shopping.

Another family mamber was a 9 month old kitten Lola. She is very cute and playful. For me this was a plus because I love animals.
The Fornt of the Hostel