La Porchetta

Melbourne, Australia

La Porchetta Melbourne Reviews

annthansten annthans…
Not the place to go for italian pizza... Feb 28, 2008
I had a serious pizza craving. I needed italian pizza, and i needed it now, so my friend took me to La Porchetta.

It looked somewhat Italian, the menu seemed pretty Italian. We were seated infront of the kitchen entrance. Our waitress threw the menus on a corner of the table, and turned around to adjust the chairs on another table. Two seconds later she was back with a bottle of water, and half a minute later someone else appeared to take our orders. we'd barely ordered our pizza before she'd ran off again, and i started wondering if they didn't want us to pay for something to drink in this place.

My food arrived after a somewhat reasonably time. My friend's didn't. His pizza arrived about 15 minutes later.

and the pizza!

italian? not if you've ever been in europe...

the crust was about 1-1,5 cm thick. except for in the very middle, where it was like it's supposed to be. Then there was a 2cm layer of ham. Just ham, nothing else. The cheese was somewhere in between all this, I'm guessing it was under the ham, but i'm not sure. It was definitely not on top. Because that's where the garlic was. Enormous amounts of garlic, just sitting on top of the ham, which again means that it was pretty burned, having been on top in the oven.

My friends plate was taken away while he was still chewing his last mouthful. I still had plenty of food left, so they didn't take mine, but she wanted to. After that we just upped and left, didn't want any coffee or dessert after that.

It took us ten minutes to pay, too many people waiting for their take-aways.

All in all, La Porchetta does not serve Italian pizza, and the staff is hopeless. (The one in Cairns have just as bad pizza, but very good staff.)
travelman727 says:
Sorry for your experience :-( It's amazing; whereever you go in the world, you can find great restaurants... and rotten ones like this.
Posted on: Feb 28, 2008