La Playa Azul Cafe

(805) 966-2860

La Playa Azul Cafe Santa Barbara Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Great Patio and Food May 27, 2010
I found this restaurant on the Holiday Inn Priority Club site and it came with very positive recommendations. We really enjoyed dinner on the patio that was very bright and colorful on this sunny and cool Santa Barbara day. This place was very charming and warm with very friendly service. They serve comfort American-Mexican food. I really enjoyed reading through the menu and they even had a personal message from the owners placed on the last page. I had to take a picture of that. So if you like lots of cheese and sour cream and not very spicy you will find that in most of the dishes. I truly found their chips and salsa to be out of this world. We requested more salsa after our first cup had run out and they went back and made a special hot batch just for us. Well, that is what the waiter told us and I had no reason to believe he didn’t. It had a slightly different taste to it, which made it even more special.

There are many interesting and unusual menu choices and they don't skimp on the portions. The location is off the beaten path so the prices are fair and they seem to have a good reputation with the locals as many people seemed to know each other’s names and something about each other, yet we still felt very welcome.

This was a good little place to enjoy and I would highly recommend it.

The restaurant is located really close to the historic and interesting Presidio.
Playa Azul