La Pizzeria

+329 225 53 03

La Pizzeria Ghent Reviews

merietje007 merietje…
Less is more Nov 27, 2011
I have lived in Ghent for 9 years, but only when returning for one night have I been to this place. Way too late in my opinion!

This place is a little gem. There's hardly any space, there's 2 small tables and 2 bigger ones (so book ahead, especially on Thursdays when Ghent students spend their last week money...), which makes this a very cosy thing. The interior is a bit sad, but the service makes up for everything. Although we only saw one woman doing everything, apparently the place is run by mother and daughter. In any case, although our pizza arrived a bit late, we got to witness everything being made right next to us and for a woman doing the job alone, from cooking and serving to cleaning, she did a great job.

Prices are very doable. The most expensive pizza was about 13 euro, while most prices ranged between 8-11 euro.

There is a huge range of pizzas. It took me a while to scan the front page of the menu, before realizing there was actually a second page as well, which had a section of 'new pizzas'.

I had a delicious "Dolce Caprino" - with goat cheese, honey, parma and rocket salad - while my sister had an "Il Punto" - with cherry tomatoes, gorgonzola and spicy sausage. Both very recommendable.

Small as it might be, this definitely is a place where I will return. Less is more!

Check Ghent Hotel Deals