La Pierre au Diable

+ 32 (0)80 41 80 98, Fax + 32 (0)80 41 80 82

La Pierre au Diable Vielsalm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
La Pierre au Diable Mar 07, 2009
While we were driving next to the motorway heading to Liege we came to a crossing which probably before the introduction of motorways had been the main transport crossing in the region. In the crossing were four large restaurants or fritterers’. We chose for one of them “La Pierre au Diable” mainly because we thought that they served hot food.

The place consisted of three separate dining suggestions; a basic classical fritterer, a tavern and a restaurant. Being lunch we didn’t feel like sitting at a table with cloths and different wine glasses so we sat down in the tavern. Looking at the menu there we decided to have a steak from the restaurant menu. The steak was now as good as I had expected but their green pepper sauce deserves a chip with my cap.

I general I will classify their offer below my expectation but it was a fun place to take a break. The waiter was friendly and tried his best to help me in a mix of many languages and the process worked out pretty good. I guess we should have chosen a local dish because it was supposed to be their stronghold.

As small curiosa the restaurant is situated at an altitude of 652 metres.
The entrance of the restaurant.
Too early to sit outside:)

Check Vielsalm Hotel Deals