La Piccola Italia Restaurant

Calle Hnos Amunategui 371, Santiago, Chile
(0)2 699 4275

La Piccola Italia Restaurant Santiago Reviews

HuBison HuBison
OK food, super-slow service, but it was food when we needed a place to eat May 13, 2012
I ate here in March 2012 after having just landed in Santiago from the US. So, after 10 hours of flights and maneuvering may way through the airport and from the airport to an apartment I rented, it was time for lunch!

My friend and I wandered a while because it only seemed like sandwich shops were available and I didn't want a sandwich. We asked a few people we saw in the street and were finally directed to La Piccola Restaurant (which translates to The Small Restaurant).

We looked at the menu and then agreed it was an affordable place to eat with a variety of options. We didn't factor in how Looooooonng it would take us to get our food. We ordered a drink (which was cheaper than in the US) and when our food finally came, we were satisfied to be eating. I had a pasta dish with ham and cheese, but I am not sure I knew ham would be in my dish so I ended up picking out most of the ham.

We saw our waitress sparingly, but she was helpful in helping us decide which dishes we might like. We had to ask for napkins and silverware (there were none at our table, but they were on just about every other table) and the space and seating were nice. We got there just after the lunch time rush so we choose a table in the corner.

Would I go back here again? Eh, with other options around, there is no need for me to, but with hunger in tummy and Italian food being easy to select, it was just OK.

Check Santiago Hotel Deals